2.11.2010

Projects in da mix

I am kinda in a creative mood right now, thinking of new story ideas and RP settings. The big project I have on my plate are my RP forums: Nightbreed and Seattle After Dark. The first one is done, but needs players to populate, while the second is still being implemented. The initial slog of designing an RP forum is always so tedious that sometimes it gets put on the backburner. It really takes the realization that the forum is not the project, the RPing afterward is! When all the players are weaving these wonderful, horrifying stories, that's when you really know your art is applied and enjoyed. It's slow work, but I really think I do a good job and it's very satisfying. If you get a chance, you should check them out. They require audition posts to join, but I am sure anyone reading my blog will be a topnotch writer.

The other project I am working on is kind of secret, it's under the project name of Verge. As a project, Verge is still in that young, energetic, and infinitely fertile stage. I have to be careful to not let it spin out of my control and try to put enough boundaries around it where it stays an actual project but still grows. It is all too easy to let a project stagnate and die, but just as easy to let it become infinitely mutable, just a daydream. Look out in the future for more posts of Verge as it starts to develop. If I say Verge is dead, don't worry. I always use the fertilizer of my past projects to help the new ones grow!

Baked with Lovecraft, the webcomic collaboration I am working on with the beautiful and talented Rosemary Grossblatt, has seen a lot of attention lately. The second story arch has been skeletized out, waiting for some flesh and blood to cling to that marrow-y frame. This weekend will mark the scripting and storyboarding of the first story arch! I will always keep readers abreast of that project as it is very near and very dear to me. In fact, I'll do some character writeups in here to give you guys an idea of whats on the plate for BwL.

Finally, I am working on some older projects, namely the derivatives of Iconoclast. The space opera and cyberpunk aspirations that came from my most complete setting will be getting a lot more attention as my schedule has evened out this semester. I am carrying notebooks with me to write down more notes. I am working the cartomancy of the ferromagnetic gypsies in my setting, namely designing the Tarot inspired cards for them. Everything else is still in the mad mix of my overexcited imagination. Yet again, expect more posts later concerning these two projects.

So, as you can see, my creativity is getting quite the workout, and I couldn't be more thankful. I honestly attribute it to my good friend Tracy and Rosie. They really engage me in being spontaneous, satirical, and all around productive in the realm of creative writing and worldbuilding. Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate. To everyone else, thanks for the read and I hope you stick around!

Love,
~JKK

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to work on BwL with you!! A-Team.... GO!!!! How 'bout tonight? :)

    Oh, and you inspire me so much, darling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a way to get posts to my phone! Lets work on it this weekend, before I get swamped with that midterm!

    ReplyDelete