9.16.2010

Write-Brain Workbook: Exercise 2

Exercise Two: Resolution Revolution

In this excercise I was asked to fill out a set of blank lines with randomly dispersed letters in it. I have highlighted these letters and attempted to end the lines similarly to how they end in the book.
Use each letter as you get to it. Start with: New Year's resolutions makes me...

New Year's resolutions makes me think
back on the year . I wonder if evErything
I did was what, hoW, and why. 'He's crazy,'
You think, but if you break it down it
makEs perfect sense. What I did that year
is all the Activities and events I attended,
aRranged, and participated in that year. The
how of the years is about how Specifically I performed
and appeaRed during those events. Did
I do good? Or rEally good? Thinking poSitively
on this can bolster my cOnfidence, but
I focus on what I didn't do well,
either. Finally, the why explains jUst the reasons
and rationals behind the choices I made.
With all these elements in mind, I can
now thinking about my new resOlution for this
year. Where can I improve? Where
can I maintaiN? It's always important to remain
aware.

TAKE THE NEXT STEP

New Year's resolutions are passé. Think of New Day resolutions instead. What new writing-related thing do you resolve to do in the next 24 hours.

I resolve to stick to fleshing out my female heroine in the next day. Give her a personality, a past, a face.

~JKK

No comments:

Post a Comment